Waka HuiaHannah Jensen
'Waka Huia' by Hannah Jensen celebrates the beauty - and mourns the loss - of NZ's precious taonga, the Huia. Laser-etched onto a macrocarpa art board crafted in-house at The Paper Rain Project. This beauty was originally a hand-carved artwork but is now released as a laser-etched version on macrocarpa art boards crafted in-house here in Marlborough. See more of Hannah's work here.
Dimensions: 190 x 760mm
- This macrocarpa blonde beauty is our take on the retro skateboard shape but is designed specifically for wall hanging only.
- Each board comes fitted ready for wall-hanging.
- Please note that each board is crafted from a unique piece of sustainable timber. Wood grain and colouring may differ from the board shown here.
- For each board sold a native tree is planted, helping to restore and maintain New Zealand's environment.
- Please note that due to the plant based nature of this board and it's finishing oils, laser etching can cause a small amount of resin to be drawn to the surface of the timber where there are larger expanses of etching. This can cause some areas of shine in the laser etched areas.
- Art board only, see our Boards for Riding HERE.
- We also have fair trade, organic men's and women's t-shirts based upon the same original 'Huia on Kowhai' artwork by the amazing Hannah Jensen.
Feel free to contact us if you would like more information.
Crafted from sustainably and locally grown Macrocarpa, this board was designed and made by The Paper Rain Project in Marlborough, New Zealand.
This board is a wall-hanging artwork and comes equipped with a fitting suitable for a standard picture hook or nail.
For each sustainably-grown tree felled, an average of 200 native trees are planted in it’s place. Thank you for helping to regenerate native forests in New Zealand.
|Standard (NZD)||Free Over (NZD)|
|Rest of the World*||$30||$600|
* Includes most of North America, Europe, UK, Asia and the South Pacific. Orders will be refunded if we are unable to ship to your location.
More details about shipping can be found HERE.
TREES THAT COUNT - Working with New Zealanders to plant millions more native trees.
Trees That Count loves trees. Not just any old trees though: Aotearoa’s special native trees. They are a conservation charity bringing together business, community and everyday Kiwis with the vision of helping plant 200 million native trees across the country.
Their aim is to make it easy for Kiwis to make a difference and plant millions more native trees through their community marketplace. This marketplace matches funded and gifted trees with worthwhile planting groups around the country.
That means that for every Paper Rain board you go home with, a New Zealand native tree is planted through Trees That Count on your behalf!
“Planting native trees is one of the most powerful actions we can take to combat climate change, protect our beautiful landscapes, waterways and forests for future generations.”
On behalf of our beautiful Aotearoa: Thank you!
Hannah Jensen is a talented New Zealand artist who has developed her unique process and style to dramatic effect. Her signature work involves layering 40 - 60 layers of paint upon wood before using printmaking techniques to carve her image - in negative relief - back through the depths of colour. The result is striking.
Hannah is an avid yogi and adventurer - a welcome face in any room. Her work has made it’s way all over the World but she has found home in Christchurch, New Zealand.