#152 (Kakapo) // Rimu Art BoardIndigo Greenlaw
This board is made to order, please allow a 3-4 week lead time for this purchase. Please contact us if you have any questions!
#152 (Kakapo) is hand-painted by Indigo Greenlaw using acrylic, laser etching and molding medium on recycled rimu art board crafted in-house at The Paper Rain Project. Read more about the artist HERE.
Dimensions: 190 x 760mm
- This recycled rimu board is our take on the retro skateboard shape but is designed specifically for wall hanging only.
- For each board sold a native tree is planted, helping to restore and maintain New Zealand's environment.
- Directly supports Kakapō Recovery
- Please note, each board will vary slightly due to being hand painted.
- This board type is only available to New Zealand customers because of potential international shipping restrictions.
Read our Kakapo Blog HERE.
Did you know?
That Kakapo eat the fruit Rimu Trees? When abundant the herbivorous kākāpō will feed almost exclusively on their fruit. We thought it was super fitting to pair this design on one of our new recycled Rimu classic art boards. This board is part of a series of hand-painted Kakapo, each will vary slightly due to being hand painted.
New Zealand has one of the highest rates of threatened native species in the world. Here at The Paper Rain Project, we are super passionate about the conservation of our native wildlife. Inspired by a recent trip around Doubtful Sound, Indigo wanted to paint more works to support these characterful birds who are super endangered (there are just 152 Kakapo left.) The aim is to paint every NZ native bird to support the conservation efforts of each species.